Everydub + Inspiration

GEAR | Vintage L.L. Bean Zipper Duffle
Lately I've been jonesing for my old L.L. Bean Zipper Duffle. I took this bag back and forth from Chicago to Boston dozens of times in my boarding school years, but recently realized that I haven't seen it around lately. I have my fingers crossed that it's in my parent's basement but I'm not too hopeful, as my mother has never had a problem divesting. Scarier though, is that I just noticed the classic duffle had been discontinued at L.L. Bean. The underwhelming L.L. Bean Signature line that launched a few years ago created a very similar bag to the original zipper duffle designed in 1934, but I just wish they hadn't changed the colors (all black?) and handle lengths and just brought it back as the exact original design. Why change something that's perfect? So instead of going the L.L. Bean signature route, I'm going to keep my eye on a few vintage bags online, maybe I'll even find mine—minus the Buffy the Vampire Slayer tapes. After a quick browse I found a small one on eBay, a large one, and a slightly overpriced one. And here's one on Etsy that looks pretty good too.