Everydub Style Inspiration

Overview Of My Fashion Internship So Far
Hey Ladies

Remember I was telling you all about my Fashion Internship that I was starting this Summer?..I said that I would let you know how it goes and what I have been getting up to. The internship has been fabulous!...I have learnt so much..far more than I ever expected to. Lisa Hortop, that lady that I have been working with (Top Fashion stylist in Durban) has been so awesome to learn from. She is so professional and a great teacher. Lisa really knows how to make me realise that I'm are capable to pull of anything off even when you think you don't have it in you. Not that I thought I wasn't confident in what I was doing..but she just has already brought so many great things out in me, characteristics that I never knew I had.

Lisa has been teaching me everything she knows..everything from going to meetings with the our clients, how to and where to source the wardrobe for each photo shoot that we have worked on, how to build relationships with shop owners and various people in the fashion and advertising industry,to how to impress the clients by going beyond the requirements in the brief that the clients sets for us and of course she taught me a great amount about being on the actual shoot..now Ive been a many photo shoots because my dad is a fashion and commercial photographer so I have been able to observe and learn by my exposure but with Lisa I learnt different aspects. She taught me her techniques and methods in which she gets everything to go smoothly and no fuss. As well as dealing the amount of pressure that really build up on the shoot and how to deal with any problems that arise on the shoot and how to be professional. She has been in the business for over 10 years now,so all the knowledge and advice and teachings she had given me so far has been overwhelmingly valuable to me.

I have been able to build up my contacts in the fashion industry considerably which is so crucial and essential to a young person entering the fashion world. Having vast amounts of experience is so important but knowing the right people is equally important to my career. Networking is becoming part of my lifestyle. Networking is part of the job.

As the year is winding down now because the Christmas holidays are coming up very soon work has been a little quiet but that is ok because I'm taking the time to plan and put together my next photo shoot that Il be styling. I have been so lucky to be able to use garments from various 3rd Year Fashion students ranges in the shoot.The designers that I have chosen to work with are Giulia Chella, Chelsea Lawson and Joel Van Vuuren. All three of these designers have created divine designs which will be perfect for the themes for the photo shoot. I will filling you in on the concepts of the shoot as soon as I have some free time. I'm really busy right now running around for the shoot, sourcing everything I need.

I really looking forward to going back to my internship...and I will let you know what happens along the way!

I hope all my fashion addicts are having a FAB holiday and doing a lot of shopping..the holiday season is always a time where you need extra large wardrobe!!