Everydub + Inspiration

UNIFORM | Upstate
A few weeks ago I linked to Upstate as part of a weekend link round-up. I felt like I was getting a little out of control with all the indigo dye in recent posts, so I felt like a bit of restraint was neccessary. And then today I was like, eff it, I am the boss of this blog. And I love Upstate. I've been wearing their kimono around town and getting so many compliments on it that I felt it would be unnatural to not post about them.Brooklyn-based designers Kalen Kaminski and Astrid Chastka dip dye every piece individually by hand using their take on the traditional Japanese method called Shibori. I can personally vouch in a very big way for the silk kimono ($264), and will be dreaming of those shorts ($268) and the handkerchief/scarf ($62), hoping they might make their way west...into my closet. Beyond women's clothes, Upstate also makes men's (or women's) pocket squares and neckties as well as pillows and bedding.