Everydub + Inspiration

UNIFORM | Armor Lux
I headed downtown today to talk about a super exciting Tomboy Style X Kletterwerks collaboration bag (which I'll discuss in greater detail later!!); and while we were talking backpacks and springtime in Montana over a few bottles of ginger kombucha my eye kept wandering toward the Armor Lux samples sitting coyly in the corner of the room. Before I knew it, there was an impromptu photo shoot happening. The utilitarian French label has been around since 1938 and still produces mid-layer and outer layer staples for the French Military, Navy, police, and postal service, but hasn't been as widely known or readily available as a collection in the US until recently (first US shop opened in NYC in the fall of 2011). I love how effortless and classic these items are and yet they still feel so fresh and desirable (that raincoat!). Some of the pieces shot here are available online through Westerlind Outdoor and some you'll have to wait for. Armor Lux is still made in France from the same fabrics, using the same tried and true techniques and trusted craftsmanship it always has, and I'm thinking you're going to see a lot more Armor Lux on this side of the Atlantic in months to come. P.S. The raincoat ($235) is available in navy right now (update: and yellow too!), and I'm totally OK with that.