Everydub + Inspiration

ICONS | Natural Grays
Photo of Emmylou Harris in the 1970s via Feather by Feather.

I mentioned how my mom let her hair gray naturally in The Naturalist chapter of the Tomboy Style book and have recently been thinking of other women that have done just that. The one icon that keeps getting referenced in every story about "going gray gracefully" is Emmylou Harris. She started going gray in her early 20s and has pretty much let it fade ever since. While there are many women that stop dying their hair later in life and embrace their gray, I've yet to find more than a few examples of women that gray over time.

I caught a glimpse of my first gray yesterday in the reflection of a window, and although it doesn't bother me (can't you tell!?), I honestly have no idea what to do with it. Pull it out? Let it ride? Any advice?