Everydub Style Inspiration

Designer of The Week — Leen Van Waes
Now I want to start this feature with saying I cant believe that I havent spoken about Leen's jewelry before because its beyond exceptionally beautiful and so unique. The surprising thing is that the whole time it has been right underneath my nose and I didnt even realise! Leen is my dads girlfriends sons wife, so long story short, Leen is practically my sister in law by default. Leen specializes in glass jewelry, I know so interesting right? Its technique that you dont hear about often at all, I'm constantly looking at different jewelry collections because its part and parcel of what I do but I have never seen jewelry moulded out of glass. I asked Leen to explain to us how she goes about creating her pieces, about her collection, what inspires her and where glass jewelry originated from because I'm fascinated...this is turning into a little educational feature but theres nothing wrong with learning something new!

Glass melting goes back to before the birth of Christ and there have been several different techniques used throughout time. Having visited Italy and seeing the works of the great Italian masters I have choosen to work exclusively with Murano glass. By melting the glass, manipulating and playing with gravity, colors and layering I create unique forms that reflect the natural objects that are my biggest inspiration. 
The collection Danza Del Mar eludes to the mystery of the other-worldly shapes of the sea floor. Inspired by their translucent radiance, I combined their organic tranquility with the graceful forms and motions from the waves that dance in the sea.
Leen's pieces start from €50.00 for the earings and €200-€600 for the necklaces depending on the technique used. If you would like make any orders or find out more information please visit Leen's website  or her facebook page she would be delighted to answer any of your questions.  

Video advertising Leen's Danza del Mar collection
If