Everydub + The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Dragon Slayer
On the red carpet at the film's London premiere, Mara cleaned up real nice.  She slayed critics and crowds alike in Givenchy couture, a stunning vision in angelic/goth white.


Nothing says Xmas like a dark, violent movie chock full of blood and guts.  Well, such was the case for me tonight: I went to watch The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo solo.  I have neither read nor had any interest in reading the Stieg Larsson trilogy.  But I had seen enough people on planes and trains reading it to strike up the curiosity to see the film.  Mostly because I'm a sucker for blonds and TGWTDT stars Mr. Daniel Craig.  Turns out the one who stole my heart (though not my loins), was Rooney Mara.  The young actress is strikingly beautiful even with the punk-goth chop, face jewelry and disconcerting ear gauges.  A pretty face is always a great asset, but Mara portrays the title character with chilling conviction as flashes of revenge cunning and insanity propel her forward through the script. Her performance as Lisbeth Salander, a fragile yet unbreakable twenty-something without a charming bone in her body, is a surely far cry from her role in last year's horror classic rehash, A Nightmare on Elm Street.  Even when scenes were tough to watch, I couldn't turn away because my eyes were riveted on her charged delivery.   Needless to say, I'm looking forward to the next two installments in the trilogy.