Everydub + The Skin I Live In

Buika
Pedro Almódovar's films are always worth the wait.  They're always better the second, third, fourth time around.  And as if his talented mind didn't do enough to ensnare you with the labyrinthine story lines, intriguingly flawed characters and meticulously crafted worlds blossoming with rich color, they always have a chilling soundtrack.  Estrella Morente's moving rendition of "Volver" (the song that Penelope Cruz lip syncs in Volver) plays regularly on my iPod Nano.  If I had an iPhone, I would've Shazam-ed the hell out of Buika's wedding singer performance in Almódovar's latest masterpiece, The Skin I Live In.  But since my Blackberry isn't so sophisticated, I googled her immediately on my iPad and purchased her album En Mi Piel on iTunes.  And now, Buika's upbeat "Se Me Hizo Facil" is on repeat on my iPad.  Her voice is like a fallen angel with a deep brassy timbre hiding a hint of smoker's rasp but perfectly mellifluous! Her music is a salad of flamenco roots blended with African beats and topped with strains of jazz.  The gypsy soul casts its spell and you don't stand a chance.  Try to keep from dancing, I dare you.