Everydub + Inspiration

Q&A | Marina Muñoz
Photo by Sebastian Kim.

I'm so excited to start off a new Tomboy Style series with Marina Muñoz. She is originally from Argentina but grew up living everywhere from the rural splendor of The Berkshire Mountains to the cosmopolitan confines of Mexico City. She's got a lethal sense of style, a true sense of adventure, and loves to add new feathers to old hats. Below she filled in the blanks on some matters of great importance. —LGM

If not in Williamsburg, I would live in...Paris on the Île Saint-Louis.

My dream holiday would be...a month in South East Asia. I want to travel with my love and visit Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand and Burma.

I channel my childhood self when I...am coming up with ideas. The same creativity and curiosity I had for story telling and history is what I use now when researching.

The fictional characters I most relate to are...the young girl in The Lover, Sabrina, and Masha from Chekhov's Three Sisters.

If I had to be outdoors all day I would...want to be on a farm in Argentina roaming the Pampas and drinking Mate with Moreno chasing me as we gallop through the fields.

My favorite quality in a man is...his integrity and his intelligence.

I'm terrified of...disappointment.

My dream car is...(I have my dream car!) a white 1995 Range Rover County with leather seats and wooden dashboard.

My friends and I like to...throw dinner parties, plan picnics and go vintage hunting.

If I could go back in time to one decade it would be...the 1900's in Argentina, when Buenos Aires was a prosperous city and immigrants were settling. I would have been like Karen in Out of Africa working on a farm in the Pampas raising cattle.

As a teenager I was totally into...old Calvin Klein ads with Kate Moss, listening to the Smiths and Jeff Buckley, and movies—The King and I (1956), Newsies, Wuthering Heights, Bonnie and Clyde, Out of Africa, The Godfather Trilogy, anything with Clint Eastwood and everything by Merchant and Ivory (especially A Room With a View).

My current obsessions are... eating the chicken liver pâté from Marlow's and the Pho at An Choi; listening to Billie Holiday, Joni Mitchell, and Neil Young's Harvest Moon album; wearing Barbour jackets, red socks, capes and ponchos, silk blouses from Duskin, men's trousers, lace-up boots, wide-leg jeans, espadrilles and vintage sundresses; shopping at Madewell, the J. Crew men's store in Soho, Bencraft Hatters and countless thrift stores in Paris, Brooklyn, Mexico and the San Telmo neighborhood of Buenos Aires.

I tend to splurge on...food and wine.

I am what I love...and that's why I have Tomboy Style.