Everydub + Time Teller P

This Nixon isn't a "tricky Dick"
Last summer I discovered the retro-minimal chicness of Nixon watches. Being the true, characteristically indecisive Libra that I am I was overwhelmed by the multitude of styles available. Some of the Nixon styles made me nostalgic for my first Swatch watch from the 80's: a transparent green plastic case with black rubber straps. After a lot of back and forth, I finally settled on the Time Teller P, a rubber style that closely resembled the simplicity of my Swatch. That was the easy part because with four neon colors to chose from, I was back at square one. Now, at only 6o bucks a pop, I could've sprung for all the colors but four neon watches might've been a tad excessive, even bordering on OCD. So I forgot all about Nixon until one day last December when I was working in Miami and was en route to a solo dinner at Bond St. I stumbled upon the South Beach boutique, Atrium and was lured in by the cool casualness of the clothes in the window. I did a lap and was headed toward the door when my wandering eyes caught a glimpse of a display of Nixon Time Tellers! Plagued yet again by indecision but intent on wearing one of these puppies home, I tried on the neon yellow, green, orange and blue. Because blue is my signature color, I figured I needed something contrasting. One down, three to go. I had put the fluorescent green one on my Amazon.com Wish list so I didn't want to step on anyone's gift-giving toes if they were planning on getting me that one for Christmas. It came down to the highlighter yellow or neon orange. And since I knew this was a Pringles situation and I couldn't pop just one, I opted for the yellow as it would clash/combine more easily with the other colors. Wham. Bam. Thank you ma'am. I've never been a fan of reading time on watch dials so I strapped the watch on my wrist without setting the time (it's still not set) and enjoyed my delicious sushi dinner with my fab new "bracelet". A few weeks ago, I was wearing my Nixon "bracelet" and one of my friends fell in love. Guided by his wife, I seized the opportunity and ordered him a matching highlighter yellow Time Teller and got myself a purple one (sorry it's already sold out). With the cold, damp winter we've been having here in NY, sweaters have been de rigeur, leaving my wrists covered. But I'm looking forward to the big reveal of my wrists which, come spring, will be sporting not one but two hot Nixon "bracelets." I usually don't like to share my trends but I'm willing to share this super affordable fad with one and all. Just be sure to credit me once the trend goes viral ;)Collect them all.