Everydub + Two Door Cinema Club

Kitsuné-obsessed
The combination of annoyingly apocalyptic rains and my continuing sexless existence had me at home in my comfortable apartment yet again last night. After finally paying my v late Verizon internet bill ($380.06) and reconnecting wireless service, I have been taking advantage of the internet to post pictures on Facebook and downloading new music on iTunes. Since Thursday, I've uploaded well over 1,500 pictures and downloaded more than $100 worth of music on iTunes, including Modern Talking, Florence + the Machine, Gorillaz and last but most def not least, Kitsuné. Kitsuné is a French record label known for its uber-cool compilations of new must-have dance music. Masaya Kuroki and Gildas Loaëc, the geniuses behind Kitsuné, scour the globe to create a world beat heavy on electro flourishes and culled from fresh, avant garde talent in Ireland, Finland, Sweden, Japan, France, the U.S. and more. If you've been to any cool bar/lounge or walked into a designer shop lately, you've heard a Kitsuné artist's sound booming on the soundtrack. The Drums, Simian Mobile Disco, MSTRKRFT, The Teenagers, La Roux, Phoenix, Tanlines, Heartsrevolution and Two Door Cinema Club (my current obsession) are some of the bands that have been honored with cameos on Kitsuné Maison compilations. As I'm typing this, I just BBMed my bff Kathy who's on holiday in Paris, begging her to track down a copy of the Two Door Cinema Club's recently released album Tourist History. While the compilations are easily accessible on iTunes, albums from the label's bands are nearly impossible to find. So, fingers crossed!But the cool factor doesn't begin and end with just music — Kitsuné also has a luxury boutique in Paris that carries its menswear and womenswear collections, Pierre Hardy shoe collabs, an exclusive Petit Bateau x Kitsuné tee and even a line of Kitsuné x Heeley candles. Purveyors of chic from around the world like Barneys, Lane Crawford, Colette, Isetan and 10 Corso Como have endorsed the Kitsuné aesthetic by carrying the ready-to-wear and hocking the musical compilations.
I heart Kitsuné
Kitsuné Maison compilations available on iTunes