Everydub + YouTube

True or Falsetto
For the past few weeks, I've been enjoying Mika's new album The Boy Who Knew Too Much. As a big fan of his Renaissance good looks and his freshman release, Life In Cartoon Motion, I was happy to see his sophomore effort follow in the footsteps of the first while evolving enough to feel new. Mika has stayed true to his Freddie Mercury falsetto which I love so much and to the catchy rhythms that characterize his songs. Thanks to my newfound dependence on YouTube I've also been able to enjoy the dashing Mika in motion (and so can you, just click the links). His lustrous brown locks flop about as he dances, gyrating and contorting that 0% body fat musculature all around. Back to the music though. Blue Eyes' calypso island flavor is a tonic to cure the grayest of days. The mystical 80's inflected synth sound of Rain is clubby enough without bordering on annoying. In Blame It On The Girls he dares you not to get up and dance (or at the very least, clap along) with the infectious cha cha pop. And with his naively uplifting lyrics ("like a magpie, I live for glitter not you") and orchestrations, We Are Golden shines as the album's first single.It's a big fluffy cream puff of an album and I love it.